West Mifflin, PA – Elevator motor fire disrupts Black Friday shopping

According to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania news agency TribLIVE, Black Friday shopping was interrupted at Century III Mall in West Miffllin after an elevator motor caught fire for yet-unknown reasons. Interestingly, an elevator maintenance technician apparently discovered the fire when he noticed heat coming from the motor room. According to the article, a fire official said the motor and its oil burned within the elevator shaft. No one was injured, but the store and businesses around it were cleared while fire crews remained on scene. Continue reading